A Study of ZW25 (Zanidatamab) in Subjects With Advanced or Metastatic HER2-Amplified Biliary Tract Cancers
This multicenter, open-label, single-arm trial will evaluate the anti-tumor activity of ZW25 (zanidatamab) monotherapy in subjects with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-amplified, inoperable and advanced or metastatic biliary tract cancer (BTC), including intra-hepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC), extra-hepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ECC), and gallbladder cancer (GBC).
- HER2-amplified Biliary Tract Cancers
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Histologically- or cytologically-confirmed BTC, including ICC, ECC or GBC. - Locally advanced or metastatic BTC and not eligible for curative resection, transplantation, or ablative therapies. - Received at least 1 prior regimen of systemic therapy for advanced disease, including 1 gemcitabine-containing regimen, and experienced disease progression after or developed intolerance to the most recent prior therapy. For subjects who have received prior adjuvant or neoadjuvant treatment, if progression has occurred < 6 months from completion of the adjuvant or neoadjuvant therapy, this regimen will be considered as 1 prior line of therapy for advanced disease. - Subjects must test positive for HER2 amplification by ISH-assay at a central laboratory on a new biopsy or archival tissue. Note that fine needle aspirates (FNAs; cytology samples) and biopsies from sites of bone metastases are not acceptable. Testing may occur at any time after diagnosis of advanced or metastatic disease and before study enrollment. - Male or female, ≥18 years of age (or the legal age of adulthood per country-specific regulations). - Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status ≤ 1. - Adequate organ function. - Adequate cardiac function, as defined by left ventricular ejection fraction ≥ 50%.
- Received systemic anti-cancer therapy within 3 weeks of the first dose of ZW25. Received radiotherapy within 2 weeks of the first dose of ZW25. - Prior treatment with HER2-targeted agents. - Untreated central nervous system (CNS) metastases, symptomatic CNS metastases, or radiation treatment for CNS metastases within 4 weeks of start of study treatment. Stable, treated brain metastases are allowed (defined as subjects who are off steroids and anticonvulsants and are neurologically stable with no evidence of radiographic progression for at least 4 weeks at the time of screening). - Known leptomeningeal disease (LMD). If LMD has been reported radiographically on baseline MRI, but is not suspected clinically by the investigator, the subject must be free of neurological symptoms of LMD. - Concurrent uncontrolled or active hepatobiliary disorders or untreated or ongoing complications after laparoscopic procedures or stent placement, including but not limited to active cholangitis, unresolved biliary obstruction, biloma or abscess. Any complications should be resolved within 2 weeks prior to the first dose of ZW25. - Prior or concurrent invasive malignancy whose natural history or treatment has, in the opinion of the investigator or medical monitor, the potential to interfere with the safety or efficacy assessment of the investigational regimen. - Active hepatitis - Infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 or HIV-2 - QTc Fridericia (QTcF) > 470 ms. - History of myocardial infarction or unstable angina within 6 months prior to enrollment, troponin levels consistent with myocardial infarction, or clinically significant cardiac disease. - Acute or chronic uncontrolled pancreatitis or Child-Pugh Class C liver disease.
- Phase 2
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Single Group Assignment
- Intervention Model Description
- single-arm, open-label, multi-cohort, multicenter study
- Primary Purpose
- None (Open Label)
ZW25 (Zanidatamab) Monotherapy
- Zymeworks Inc.
Study ContactZymeworks Clinical Trial Resource